Fanfictional
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Visitor and Stalker
Dreamer

You are visitor #

hit counter script

Tag Us!
Latest topics
» I wanna be your boyfriend(a Joey Ramone fan fiction)
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty5/5/2015, 3:08 am by Autumn85

» I remember High School
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty4/30/2015, 10:59 am by LauraRamone

» Push and Pull of Love and Hate (Yi Jeong&Ga Eul)
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty10/24/2013, 5:01 pm by dolce

» Blind Love {COMPLETED}
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty9/21/2013, 8:41 pm by lychandesu

» Site Update: PLEASE READ
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty7/21/2013, 7:48 pm by shawty_12

» I'm Cool? [Yoosu & Yunjae]
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty12/11/2012, 7:09 pm by 3ternallove

» Step By Step Tutorial of Posting, Formatting ect.
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty5/21/2012, 3:29 am by robertstanley

» My Girlfriend is My Bodyguard [Cho Kyu Hyun & Kim So Eun]
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty4/10/2012, 2:01 am by han28

» [MV] After School - Bang!
Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty3/15/2012, 7:23 am by BongChab2utySONE

Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete)

3 posters

Go down

Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete)

Post by Acc. 6/20/2009, 12:37 am

Seoul, Korea

Dong Hae pressed his cap low, covering half of his face. He looked around cautiously to see if anyone familiar was following him. He grabbed a newspaper from a nearby news stand and squeezed himself through the crowded waiting area and settled down in the far corner. Dong Hae peered at his watch. Why isn’t he here yet? He opened the newspaper and pretended to read. He scrutinized the crowd, tapping his right feet impatiently. Just then, his mobile phone rang. Dong Hae peered at the number displayed on the screen before answering the call.

“SiWon! Where are you? The plane’s boarding soon, hurry!” Dong Hae mumbled impatiently into the phone. “I’m at the corner near the toilets.” He disconnected the call and held the newspaper high up again, revealing only his eyes. A distance away, Dong Hae spotted Si Won, also wearing a cap, walking towards him.

“Did you make sure no one was following you?” Dong Hae asked as SiWon knelt down in front of him. “Did anyone suspect anything?” Dong Hae asked again, without even waiting for SiWon to answer. He glanced around the crowded waiting area.

“Are you sure about this, Dong Hae? Your solo album is coming out in a few days’ time” Before SiWon can finish his sentence, he was cut off by Dong Hae.

“Did you bring the stuff I asked you to?” Dong Hae grabbed the bag SiWon was holding and opened it.

“You know you’re not supposed to go anywhere during this period, everyone put in a lot of effort in your album.” SiWon paused and sighed. Dong Hae was obviously ignoring his words. “Lee Dong Hae, listen to me! How am I going to answer to the people up there?”

“Si Won, please. This will be the last time. I just want to go there and say goodbye. I want to put it all down, once and for all.” Dong Hae sighed and looked at his friend. “I’m sorry, SiWon, I know… that this will put you in a difficult position, but I hope you understand how much this means to me…how much she means to me. I…I just want to say goodbye.” He avoided SiWon’s gaze and looked down.

“Ok…but do contact me when you’re there, and come back as soon as you’re done ok?”

Just then, the last call for the boarding of the Bali flight sounded above them.

“I gotta go…Bye.” Dong Hae patted his pal on the shoulder and walked cautiously towards the check-in counter. He turned around and waved to SiWon. “Thanks!”

“Take care!” SiWon waved back and sighed for the n-th time today. He looked at the disappearing backview of his friend, he was prepared for the worst already.

- - -

Eun Soo held the boarding pass in her hands and looked hard at it. She had always wanted to go on a holiday in Bali, she should be feeling happy that she can go now, but she felt a tinge of guilt as the thought of enjoying herself on the beach whereas her friends were here working their their butts out crossed her mind. The fact is that, she had not paid for the ticket herself.

-Flashback-

Jung Yeon waved something in front of Eun Soo during their lunch break.

“What’s that?” Eun Soo grabbed the piece of paper and widened her eyes in surprise. “A trip to Bali? Where did you get that? Why’s there only one, who’s going?” She looked at her two friends in front of her.

“You are!” Jung Yeon and Chae Hee said in unison.

“M..Me?” Eun Soo stared blankly at her friends. “Only?”

“Chae Hee and I paid for this ticket and your accommodation there.”

“But.. why?” Eun Soo looked at the boarding pass again.

“Because you’re a workaholic.”

“Yeah, and we really want you to take a break since university is starting soon. And we know you’ve been wanting to visit Bali…” Chae Hee said as she exchanged glances with Jung Yeon.

“But how can you spend your pay on my holiday? I’ll feel bad…”

“We really want you to enjoy yourself.”

“But” Eun Soo tried to protest.

“No more buts, the ticket and the accommodation are all paid already. You’re leaving the day after tomorrow. We’ve told Boss already.” Jung Yeon interrupted Eun Soo.

“What?..you guys…” Eun Soo stared at her friends and sighed. “OK, I’ll go…thanks a lot guys…” Eun Soo smiled and stared at the ticket again. Bali…

-End of Flashback-

Eun Soo sighed. She can never thank her friends enough. They were the bestest friends she ever had. She stood in queue for the check-in before boarding. All of a sudden, someone stepped on her shoe from behind and crashed onto her.

“ARRR~” Eun Soo groaned in pain and turned around. Some guy had just knocked onto her from behind.

“Sorry! I wasn’t looking…” The guy apologized and pulled his cap lower to cover his face. Eun Soo ducked low but still could not catch a glimpse of the person’s face. She turned back and massaged her sore ankle.

- - -

Bali, Indonesia

Eun Soo decided to walk around the beaches for a while before checking into the hotel. The weather was too nice to miss. Bali was more beautiful than she thought. The air was warm and comfortable and smelled of sea breeze. It was relaxing.

She headed back to the hotel after a while of walking and collected her room keys. The lobby was filled with tourists from all over the world. They were all waiting for their check-in. Eun Soo held her keys and headed for the lift. She found her room number and went into the room.

“Wow…” The room was spacious and clean. She walked towards the window and peered out. “The view is soooo good!”

Eun Soo heard the sound of running water coming from the toilet. Someone else was in the room showering. Did she walked into the wrong room? But she did unlocked the door with her keys. Eun Soo tiptoed towards the toilet and placed her hands on the door knob. She took a deep breath before opening the door.

Dong Hae heard the door open behind him and turned around. A young lady stood by the door in front of him.

“AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!” Eun Soo screamed and covered her eyes as she closed the door.

-

Dong Hae and Eun Soo stood in front of the reception counter at the hotel lobby. Eun Soo leaned over the counter.

“Is there a mistake, miss?” Eun Soo asked and glanced uneasily at Dong Hae. The receptionist looked up from her computer.

“I’m sorry, but there has been an error with our system which caused the mix-up. I’m afraid there’s only one room for one of you.” The receptionist explained apologetically.

“I must have the room, I reserved this room right from last year, you can check with your manager.”

“Er, I understand but-”

“Good, then I’ll head back to my room.” Dong Hae said and left for his room without even waiting for the receptionist to finish her sentence. Eun Soo looked at Dong Hae as he walked off. How rude, did he even noticed she was here? Eun Soo glared at Dong Hae and turned back to the receptionist.

“Can you get another room for me?”

“I’m really sorry, Miss. This is the peak period and as a result all our rooms are fully booked. I can only arrange for a refund. Why don’t I check with the other hotel here and see if I can get you a room there?” The receptionist picked up the phone but was stopped by Eun Soo.

“No, don’t… It’s ok… Just get me a refund, it’ll do.” Eun Soo tried to sound as normal as she could, but deep inside, she was worried. Where is she going to live for the next few days? This was the cheapest hotel here in Bali, even if there were rooms available in the other hotels, she would not be able to afford it anyway. She scolded herself for not bringing more money with her.

-

Dong Hae walked out of the lift and was about to exit the hotel entrance when he heard a voice behind him.

“Jung Yeon, what am I gonna do? I don’t have a room to stay now…the rooms here are fully booked and the other hotels are too expensive…” Eun Soo complained into the phone, she was on the verge of crying. “I don’t even have enough money to buy a plane ticket to leave tonight…What am I gonna do…” Eun Soo was closed to panicking as her friend tried to comfort her over the phone.

Eun Soo hung up the phone, Jung Yeon had suggested her to go ask the hotel receptions whether there were any cheap motels here in Bali. That was the only solution they could think of now. Eun Soo bent down to grab her luggage. She looked down and gasped. Her bag! She had remembered placing her luggage beside her, but now it was gone. She panicked and looked around the lobby. She saw a man carrying her bag standing at the lift lobby. She sprinted over and grabbed the bag from the man’s hands.

“That’s my bag!” She looked at the person who took her bag. “Ehh? Aren’t you…?” Eun Soo stared at the person in front of her, he was the guy who stole her room.

“I overheard your conversation. Since you don’t have a place to stay, I don’t mind sharing the room with you.” Seeing the uneasy look on Eun Soo’s face, Dong Hae continued. “That’s if you don’t mind too.”

-

Eun Soo followed Dong Hae into the room, she was thankful that he offered to let her stay, or she would have to sleep in the hotel lobby tonight.

“Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.” Eun Soo thanked the stranger. She had recalled that he was the one who crashed into her at the airport before leaving for Bali. “Er…so are you alone?” Eun Soo asked, but later realized she was asking the obvious so she continued, “I’m alone too, my name is Eun Soo.” She held out her hand. Dong Hae shook her hand.

“Lee…” Dong Hae hesitated, she did not seem to know who he is yet, but he decided not to make matters worse, “Aiden…My name’s Aiden.”

Eun Soo carried her luggage into the bedroom and turned uneasily to Dong Hae.

“I’m sorry, but it’s a double bed?” She pointed at the king size bed in the room.

“Er, I have a back injury so I need the bed, is it okay for you to take the sofa instead?” Dong Hae asked apologetically.

What? The sofa? Well, at least now I have a room, she thought. Eun Soo smiled uneasily and nodded her head.

- - -

Last edited by Acc. on 6/20/2009, 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Acc.

Back to top Go down

Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty [cont'd]

Post by Acc. 6/20/2009, 12:37 am

Eun Soo strolled along the beach. It was a sunny afternoon, 2 days since she had arrived here. She peered into the distance and spotted a familiar figure sitting on the rocks by the shore. Her temporary room-mate by the name of Aiden. They had not spoken much during the last 2 days, he would either be sitting by those rocks all day or sleeping in the room. He was the first person Eun Soo had met who did not seem to be enjoying himself during a holiday. She kicked the soft sand with her legs.

Dong Hae reached into his side pocket and took out a necklace. It was his only connection with his first love, and today, was her death anniversary. He leaned back and closed his eyes, feeling the sun on his face.

Today was the only reason he took the risk and came here without the knowledge of his record company. It was a huge risk that could cause him his career. Despite that, he had to come, it was a promise he had made 3 years ago when she died. Performing was their dream, a dream that they had been working towards, but now, she was not here to fulfill her dream or to watch him fulfill his. She was the only reason he held on for so long, his first album was going to be released in a couple of days’ time. He knew too, that now, was the time to say goodbye. He had made up his mind to become successful in his career, for her sake. This will probably be the last time he will be here, thinking back on all the memories they had. After today, these memories will follow him wherever he go, and spur him on in whatever he do, until the day he find someone else who could give him the memories like she did. Dong Hae held the necklace in his hands and stared into the sky.

“Aaaarrr! Somebody help! Someone’s drowning!!!”

Screams could be heard from the shores a distance away. Dong Hae sat up and turned towards the source of the screams. Someone was struggling in the water. Dong Hae felt his heart sink to the bottom. Memories of the accident which took her away from him 3 years ago flashed through his mind. He could no longer separate reality from dream, was he dreaming? Why was this happening to him again? Dong Hae ran as fast as he could towards the people and jumped into the water. He could not let this happen again, not again.

Dong Hae dived into the waves and searched frantically for the struggling body. He ignored the piercing pain of the water in her eyes and the suffocating feeling of holding his breath for too long under water.

Min Hee-ah, wait for me. I'm coming for you... I'll protect you. Stay alive, Dong Hae kept repeating the words again and again in his mind.

Finally, he felt something in the water and grabbed hold of her icy hand and pulled her to the surface.

"I've got you! You're safe... It'll be okay." Dong Hae said, as he held her close to him as he swam back to shore.

Dong Hae dragged the unconscious Eun Soo out of the water and onto the sand. He placed both hands on her chest and tried to resuscitate her. A small crowd had gathered around them.

“Eun Soo…wake up, Eun Soo!” Dong Hae prayed hard that she would regain consciousness, memories kept flooding back into his mind which blurred his senses. He was so scared that the same accident would repeat itself. “No…Eun Soo!! Wake up, please! Don’t do this to me again…!”

As if his prayers were answered, Eun Soo started coughing badly and vomited sea water out of her mouth. Dong Hae heaved a sigh of relief and pulled Eun Soo towards him.

“I’m so glad you’re fine…you’re fine… you’re ok…” Dong Hae held her close to him and muttered to himself. He closed his eyes tightly, as if trying to shut out the memories of her lying lifelessly in his arms. He hugged Eun Soo as tight as he could, making sure she was warm and that she was still breathing.

Eun Soo widened her eyes in shock as she continued coughing, Aiden was suffocating her, he was holding her so tightly that she could not breathe.

“I…I can’t breathe…” Eun Soo muttered weakly and tried to push him away. Dong Hae let go of her and looked away.

“I’m sorry… glad you’re ok..” Dong Hae mumbled and stood up, embarrassed of his own actions. He turned away and started walking off.

“Hey, wait for me…” Eun Soo grabbed an extra towel from an on-looker and followed after Dong Hae.

The both of them remained silent throughout the walk back to the hotel. Finally, Eun Soo broke the silence.

“Thank you… really… for saving my life…” Eun Soo handed a dry towel to Dong Hae. He remained silent as he took the towel. “I was just trying to help a kid get his toy back…”

“Don’t ever do that again, if you can’t swim well…” Dong Hae muttered softly as he walked in front of her.

“Well, I can swim...” Eun Soo tried to explain.

“An accident can happen even if you can swim well.” Dong Hae retorted. “Just… be careful next time.”

Eun Soo thought of the way he had hugged her just now, the feeling was weird, she was not sure why he did that, but she figured this was not the right time to ask.

- - -

Eun Soo leaned on the table and poked on her plate of squid with her fork. Dong Hae was barbequing on the mini barbeque pit by the beach. Colourful lights lit up the shore as the day turned to night. It was a day after the incident, and they were having dinner by the beach. Once again, silence fall between them. Only soft guitar music and the sound of the waves hitting the shores could be heard. The silence was peaceful and comfortable.

“So is this your first time here too?” Eun Soo broke the silence as she popped a little squid into her mouth.

“No… my 3rd.”

“Oh…do you always come alone?” Eun Soo asked again. Dong Hae hesitated before answering.

“No…”

“Then why did you come alone this time? Who did you come with the last 2 times?”

Dong Hae stopped and pondered for a moment. Eun Soo could only make out the side of his face under the faint light, but she was sure she saw a tinge of sadness in his eyes. They became silent again. Eun Soo recalled the incident the day before when she almost drowned.

“Actually, there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask you…” Eun Soo hesitated and looked at Dong Hae. He turned to her.

“What?”

“Why…why did you do that yesterday?” Eun Soo asked carefully as she played with her food. Dong Hae became silent again.

“I’m sorry…it’s ok if you don’t wanna say…” Eun Soo took a big gulp of water.

“You remind me of someone.” Dong Hae said after a long silence. Eun Soo looked at him in confusion. “Someone important to me…” Dong Hae stood up from his chair and sat down on the sand, “She drowned here… 3 years ago. I tried to save her…” Eun Soo settled down beside him. His head was bent low, but Eun Soo knew he was crying. She sat quietly beside him. Bali was a place which had many happy memories for many people who come here, but it was a place with sad memories for him.

“This will be the last time I’ll come here…I wanted to say goodbye to her, and put our memories behind and move on. I know it’s time.” Dong Hae spoke again. “I’m glad to meet you here.” He felt at ease around her, even around his closest friends he never once dropped a single tear.

Eun Soo stood up all of a sudden and ran towards a bunch of kids playing a distance away from them. Dong Hae smiled and looked into the sky. “Are you her?” Dong Hae asked into the sky. Eun Soo came back a moment later carrying a bunch of sparklers in each hand.

“Here, take some, it’s fun!” Eun Soo handed a few sticks to Dong Hae. She waved the sticks with her hands and looked contently at the shapes that they make. She looked at Dong Hae and noticed that he was smiling. It made her heart skipped her beat.

All of a sudden, a bright flash flashed behind them.

“What was that?” Both of them looked at the bushes behind them. “Was there a flash or something?” Eun Soo asked. A flash? Dong Hae frowned, this does not look good. Could someone had known he was here?

“Let’s go back now…” Dong Hae grabbed the sparklers in her hands and threw them away before pulling her back to the hotel.

- - -

Eun Soo stood at the balcony of the hotel room, staring out at the sea in the distance.

“It’s so beautiful tonight, why did you drag me back so early?” Eun Soo heard him coming from behind and protested.

“It’s… dangerous…& besides, it’s not early, it’s late already.” He stood beside her, deep in thought. He was leaving, tomorrow was the day his album will be released, and he had been away long enough. Tonight will be his last night of peace, he knew he would be getting into trouble the moment he returned to Korea.

“What are you thinking?” Eun Soo broke his chain of thoughts. Dong Hae turned to Eun Soo and saw her looking at him intently.

“I was just… thinking about my days here.” Everything will change after tomorrow. He might never see Eun Soo again, but maybe they were better off this way. This will be a good memory for the both of them. Dong Hae took a deep breath and spoke, "Eun Soo-ah, I'm sorry... If I'm ever going to hurt you, I'm sorry."

"What do you mean...?" Eun Soo stared at Dong Hae, clearly confused. Dong Hae fixed his eyes on Eun Soo, he had an expression that Eun Soo could not understand. Her heart skipped a beat. Eun Soo held her breath.

"Nothing. Just... don't fall in love with me. Promise?" Dong Hae teased her softly.

"You think too highly of yourself! Are you always like that!" Eun Soo retorted back when she sees him chuckling to himself. She looked away, embarrassed.

Dong Hae stepped towards Eun Soo and kissed her forehead lightly.

"Promise me." Dong Hae whispered. Eun Soo is taken aback and lost for words, trying to make sense of Dong Hae's contradicting actions and words.

“Good night, sleep early.” He turned and walked back into the room. Goodbye, Eun Soo. Things will be different if they ever meet again in Korea. He wanted to preserve this moment for the both of them.

- - -

Eun Soo half-opened her eyes, the bright light from outside were shining in from the window. She sat up on the bed and looked at the time, it’s 9am in the morning.

“How did I get onto the bed?” Eun Soo looked around the place. She had remembered climbing onto the sofa and falling asleep there last night. “Aiden?” She looked around the room but could not find him anywhere. There was a piece of paper on the pillow beside her.

Eun Soo-ah, I’m sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye. I'm sorry I've hurt you. I will remember the memories I had here in Bali forever. Promise. Goodbye, Aiden.

Eun Soo picked up the necklace on the pillow and held it in her hands. The pendant was the shape of a fish, the initials "D.H" engraved on it.

- - -

Seoul, Korea

Jung Yeon and Chae Hee strolled on the streets of Seoul while Eun Soo lagged behind them, deep in thought. She unconsciously played with the necklace around her neck. Her friends were a little worried about her, who had returned from Bali a changed person. Eun Soo had told them about the chance meeting with a mysterious guy named Aiden who left her a necklace and disappeared without a trace.

“Eun Soo, hurry!” Chae Hee turned around and called her friend. Jung Yeon grabbed her arm and let out a shriek.

“That’s Lee Dong Hae isn’t it? OMG He’s hot!” Jung Yeon pointed her finger on the large TV display on the building across the street.

“Eun Soo, come here!” Chae Hee pulled her friend and pointed to her. “He was the one we were talking about. Lee Dong Hae.” Eun Soo looked up and widened her eyes in shock. The face was too familiar. It was the face she had been thinking off for the past few days since she arrived back in Korea. Was she dreaming? Eun Soo stared at the screen for a long time.

"Dong... Hae?" Eun Soo wondered out loud, as she felt the pendant in her hand.
D.H...

"He's so gorgeous isn't it? Every girl is crazy over him!" Chae Hee and Jung Yeon gushes over Dong Hae, ignorant of Eun Soo's stunned silence. "How can you not fall in love with a guy like that?" Chae Hee swoons.

"Yeah... how could you not?..." Eun Soo mumbles softly as she recalls Dong Hae's words.

"Just... don't fall in love with me. Promise?"

Acc.

Back to top Go down

Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty Re: Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete)

Post by Kyn 6/20/2009, 9:03 am

Thanks for adding the complete to your story, it makes things so much easier
One of the other mods, or I will move your story to the completed section later
People look in this section more they do they completed one, so lets give them a chance to see your story

-Fanfictional Team
Kyn
Kyn
Kyn

http://kynholic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete) Empty Re: Memories in Bali [One-Shot] (Complete)

Post by Kyn 6/20/2009, 9:21 am

The story was really good
I just love bittersweet endings
Kyn
Kyn

http://kynholic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamy12 7/28/2009, 11:55 pm

OMG...IS THIS IT?
I WAS EXPECTING MORE...BESIDES...IT WAS GETTING SOO GOOD...
I WISH YOU CAN MAKE A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY!!!
jamy12
jamy12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down