Fanfictional
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Visitor and Stalker
Dreamer

You are visitor #

hit counter script

Tag Us!
Latest topics
» I wanna be your boyfriend(a Joey Ramone fan fiction)
Mistaken Happiness Empty5/5/2015, 3:08 am by Autumn85

» I remember High School
Mistaken Happiness Empty4/30/2015, 10:59 am by LauraRamone

» Push and Pull of Love and Hate (Yi Jeong&Ga Eul)
Mistaken Happiness Empty10/24/2013, 5:01 pm by dolce

» Blind Love {COMPLETED}
Mistaken Happiness Empty9/21/2013, 8:41 pm by lychandesu

» Site Update: PLEASE READ
Mistaken Happiness Empty7/21/2013, 7:48 pm by shawty_12

» I'm Cool? [Yoosu & Yunjae]
Mistaken Happiness Empty12/11/2012, 7:09 pm by 3ternallove

» Step By Step Tutorial of Posting, Formatting ect.
Mistaken Happiness Empty5/21/2012, 3:29 am by robertstanley

» My Girlfriend is My Bodyguard [Cho Kyu Hyun & Kim So Eun]
Mistaken Happiness Empty4/10/2012, 2:01 am by han28

» [MV] After School - Bang!
Mistaken Happiness Empty3/15/2012, 7:23 am by BongChab2utySONE

Mistaken Happiness

Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Mistaken Happiness

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 9:55 am

Forwards:
Mistaken Happiness Mistaken
Main Characters:
Kim So Eun
Kim Bum
Kim Hyun Joong
Koo Hye Sun
Kim Jae Joong
---

"Yes! I'm Stupid! I'm so stupid I fell in love with you!" So Eun shouted, her eyes were filled with tears, though she wouldn't let them fall, because she didn't want him to see her cry. She finally gathered up all her courage after two years, and confessed to Hyun Joong, and this was the answer she received.
"Yes you are! The person I like is your sister, Hye Sun!" Hyun Joong said, his voice was steady, and low. He had no intention of hurting her less. "Hye Sun is prettier than you, nicer than you, more well-mannered, paient, smart. She's better than you in almost everything, the only thing you have against her is your violin skills!" So Eun couldn't believe it, Hye Sun even encouraged her to confess. So Eun finally let the tears fall, she didn't care if Hyun Joong saw her cry anymore. She'd always showed him her happy side, she always managed to not cry in his presence.
"I know she is... I know she is...." So Eun mumbled to herself. She was always aware of her sister's talents, how she was so gifted, smart, beautiful. She was almost like an angel that had come down from heaven. While So Eun had no talents but playing the little violin. It was the only thing she could do well. So Eun couldn't take it anymore, she didn't want to hear anymore of what Hyun Joong was going to say, so she ran off.

Copyrighted. © Hainexazien 2009. All rights reserved.
Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the written consent of Hainexazien
Disclaimer: The following is a work of Fiction. The events and characters are fictional and the celebrity names/images merely borrowed and do not represent who the celebrity is in real life. No offence is intended towards them, their families or friends.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 6/18/2011, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

http://hainehaine.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 01: Late Again.

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 9:56 am

"Which one would you prefer?" The servant asked, pointing to the different sets of clothing in the closet. Kim Bum didn't answer, he was sitting in one of the few chairs in the closet, examining the clothing, and deciding which one to wear today. "Would you like this one?" The servant suggested as she pointed to a sweater vest, with blue jeans.
"No, why don't you just grab me the school uniform. I'm going to school today." Kim Bum said, his voice was low and steady.
"Certainly, young master." The servant said as she hurried across the closet and retrieved the school uniform, and rushed out of the room to iron it. Kim Bum was the son of the richest man in Korea. In commoner's eyes, his father was considered a king, and him a prince.
"Young master, I'm happy you're going to school today, it's been a long time since you did." The butler said. He was standing beside Kim Bum's chair, just in case he needed anything.
"It has been a long time. I think it's about time I've returned to school." Kim Bum said. "Get the car ready, once I'm changed, I'm going."
"Certainly, young master." The butler said, as he rushed out of the room to find the driver.
'Ring, Ring.'
"Hello?" Kim Bum said; when he flipped open his phone. "Yes, I'll take care of it when I get there today, wait for me." He closed his phone, and stopped to look at the accessory hanging off of the phone. It was a green crystal square, an accessory given to him by his ex-girlfriend, who had flew away to Italy, a year ago. He missed her, though he had no more feelings for her anymore. The servant ran in with the uniform ironed. She handed it to Kim Bum, he took it, and walked to the changing room inside the big closet.
It wasn't before long Kim Bum had reached school, some people looked scared, and others looked like followers when they met their master. Kim Bum didn't even look at them, and walked straight to his friend, Kim Jae Joong. A girl was clinging on to him, and wasn't agreeing to let go.
"Oh! Thank God! Kim Bum!" Jae Joong shouted when he spotted Kim Bum. Kim Bum took the girl's arm, forced it off, and threw her away. She landed on the floor about two meters away from Jae Joong. Jae Joong stretched his arm, and put his hand on the arm she was clinging to, trying to lessen the pain. "Thanks Man." He said.
"Just don't date these clingy girls anymore. They just never let go. It's already the fourth time I'm doing this." Kim Bum said, as he started to walk out of the school.
"It's not like I want to…" Jae Joong said, "Aren't you staying for school?" He asked surprised.
"No… just want to go outside for some fresh air." Kim Bum answered, and left the room, leaving Jae Joong behind. Jae Joong let out a small laugh.
"He's always like that." He said, and revealed a little smile.

"Mom, I'm going to be fine. Trust me." So Eun said as she was getting ready to leave for school.
"Alright, but if anything happens, find Hye Sun, okay?" Her mom asked. So Eun nodded, said goodbye, and left for school. She couldn't believe it, it was already her second month in the new school, and yet her mother was still so worried about her. She walked quietly alone to the bus stop, and realized her phone was ringing.
"Oh! Sorry, I didn't know it was ringing." So Eun apologized as soon as she answered.
"You're always so unaware of things around you…" Hye Sun said, "Hyun Joong and I were just wondering if you wanted to join us for lunch today." They’ve been dating for almost a year now, and we're close as ever.
"I don't know, I don't want to become a third wheel." So Eun said.
"So Eun… You know you're not a third wheel, you're our family." She said.
"Okay, I will." So Eun promised, and hung up. The bus was taking an awful long time to arrive, and she was becoming impatient. As she waited for the bus to arrive, she thought about all the things that had happened after she confessed. She ran away, scaring Hye Sun and mother to death, and sending a search team to find her. She laughed at this, though she found out Hye Sun had liked Hyun Joong also, her relationship with Hye Sun hadn't changed. The only thing that had changed was, Hyun Joong changed from her crush, to her sister's boyfriend. She told herself she couldn't like Hyun Joong anymore, and tried very hard to stop liking him, though the feelings never seem to go away. After another ten minutes, the bus finally arrived, So Eun went on, and sat on the bus till she reached her stop.
The bus ride seemed so long, but it gave some time for So Eun to study for her science test that morning. When they reached her stop, she rushed down the steps of the bus, and jumped off on to the pavement.
"Thank-you." She thanked the bus driver. He didn't answer, and drove off. She rushed to class, knowing she was late.
"Miss Kim So Eun!" The teacher shouted, "Late again! What's your reason this time? The bus again?
"Sorry, the bus was late again."So Eun explained breathlessly. The teacher didn't believe her.
"Detention, Miss Kim So Eun, after class today."
"Yes, Madam." So Eun said, as she rushed to her seat, and sat down.
"Why are you so late?" A girl sitting next to her asked. They've been in the same class since kindergarten. They didn't talk much, so So Eun never managed to learn her name
"Bus." So Eun replied, and searched her bag for her books. She opened them on her desk, and started to take notes on what the teacher was talking about, ignoring the girl completely.
"Would you like to go for lunch with me?" The girl asked.
"Oh… I'm terribly sorry, I have to go to lunch with my sister, maybe next time." So Eun apologized, and ran out of the room, and towards the cafeteria. Unlike Kim Bum's family, So Eun was poor, or average. She was more of a commoner. She went to schools that most of the population of Korea would go to, unlike Kim Bum, who went to an Elite School, only for families of the rich, or one exception: A scholarship. So Eun met Hye Sun at a restaurant near the school.
"Over here." Hye Sun waved, as So Eun entered the restaurant. Hye Sun smiled, and Hyun Joong followed.
"What are we eating?" So Eun asked, as she sat down. She looked around the room, trying to a find a clue of what food it was selling.
"Porridge." Hyun Joong said with a smile. He was wearing the white scarf Hye Sun had knitted for him, and a black and white striped shirt, with dark jeans.
"Okay." So Eun agreed. Hyun Joong ordered the porridge, and they sat at the table talking about a variety of topics: School, Medicine (Hye Sun and Hyun Joong, So Eun felt excluded.), and many others, until the food arrived.
"So… So Eun… What if we said you could go to Korea International?" Hyun Joong said, as he started to eat.
"Korea International? You mean the school just for the rich people?" So Eun asked confused. Hyun Joong nodded. "But… how?"
"My dad knows the principal of that school, and he said he'd be happy to take in a smart student like you. He could place you in the scholarship program."
"Really?" So Eun asked in surprise.
"Really." Hyun Joong said as he smiled. So Eun was so happy she jumped up and hugged Hyun Joong, but instead of going around the table, she hugged him by reaching over the table, and it resulted in the porridge spilling everywhere.
"Oops." So Eun said embarrassed. "Sorry."
"I know you're really happy, but you've really got settle down." Hye Sun said with a little laugh.
"I know, I know, I just can't help it. I can't wait." So Eun said, as she helped clean up the mess.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 7/9/2009, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 02: Meeting Jae Joong Again.

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 9:57 am

"Lalala." So Eun hummed as she walked to school. It was a fine day, the skies were blue with the white fluffy clouds, the sun was out, and didn't seem like it was going to be a bad day. So Eun's mother was worried again, even more worried than last time, also more annoying. 'Be sure to do this, be sure to do that...' she remembered her mom saying. She waited patiently at the bus stop, for about ten minutes, but still waited without a word. After about a minute or so, Hyun Joong arrived. He was driving his new car, a blue Toyota Corolla that he bought recently.
"Get in." He said as he reached to open the door for me.
"Huh?" I said in confusion.
"I'm driving you to school, get in." He laughed. I smiled and seated myself in his car.
"Why did you decide to drive me to school?" I asked when we started moving.
"I just could imagine you getting lost on your way to school, or something happening."
"Thanks, are you saying I can't protect myself?"
"I never said that." He confessed. I made a face, and looked out the window, away from him.
"It's so beautiful. I've never been on this side of the city before, it's so different." I said as I watched the flowers, trees, and beautiful scenery pass by.
"Yeah, it is pretty, well after all it's for the rich. If it's not pretty, or grand,then why would the rich come here?"
"Education?" I guessed. Hyun Joong let out a little laugh.
"No. Some of them don't even care about education So Eun.
"Then why do they come?" She asked curiously.
"You ask one of them when you meet one." Hyun Joong laughed. So Eun nodded her head, and continued to look outside the window. They had arrived, and in the front of the school was a big sign stating "Korea International"
"Ko-ree-a--inn-ter--" So Eun tried to pronounce the English, written under the Korean, but Hyun Joong pulled her away with her saying:
"Let's go, you don't need to know the English." So Eun nodded her head, and followed him.

They filled out some forms, and signed some papers in the principal's office. It was big, about twice the size of So Eun's home; it was almost like a little house of itself. It had the living a room area, made of a few brown leather sofas', and a glass coffee table in the middle. There was a library area, made of three book shelves, two on the wall, and one across from another, forming a miniature, three sided square. There was a long table beside the book shelves, and lots of chairs seated neatly beside the table. The principal's desk was huge, almost as big as So Eun's kitchen, and books were neatly piled on one side, a desk lamp in the far middle side of the desk, and a computer on the other side.
"Welcome to our school" He said as he reached out his hand to shake theirs. So Eun nervously took it and shook it. Hyun Joong shook it afterwards.
"So, I'm going to leave now, take care. If anything happens, call me, alright?" Hyun Joong asked. I nodded.
"I will, don't worry about me. Go. You have things to do too don't you?" I pushed him towards the huge black metal school gates that I had come in through, and waved good-bye when he looked back. He was wearing his worried face. Why? Was there anything dangerous here? I walked and walked through the school courtyard, thinking was there anything wrong? Why did he look so worried? Thinking, not paying attention, I bumped into a boy. His hair was black; he was wearing a white uniform, and looked almost like a model.
"I'm so sorry!" I apologized.
"It's okay." He said, and looked at me. "You're not wearing a uniform, your new here?" He asked. I nodded. "I hope you have a great time in this school." He said and started to walk off. Though he stopped, someone was calling his name.
"Kim Bum! Won't you even wait for me?" He said as he caught up with the boy. He paused to look at me, just as he touched Kim Bum's shoulder, and our eyes were fixed on each other. I couldn't believe it, it can't be him. My eyes started to fill with tears, it had been so long since I had seen him, and it was just unbelievable. "So Eun." He said, his face looked surprised, shocked though yet it had that sad expression in it.
"I don't want to talk to you." I said as I started to leave.
"So Eun." He said as he got hold of my arm. I stopped.
"What do you have to say? Sorry?" I turned around so that I faced him. "Three years ago you left me, what am I supposed to do when you come back? Forgive you?" I asked In Anger. My fists were clenched, and tears were streaming down my eyes. "I know it was hard for you to even tell your parents about us, but do you know how hard it was on me when you left?" I shouted, as I swung off his hand on my arm, and ran away. Was this what Hyun Joong was worrying about? Jae Joong? I asked myself as I sat under a tree on the other side of the courtyard. It was quiet here, and so peaceful. I cried, and just couldn't think of anything, but how Jae Joong had left me Three years ago. Then I noticed the boy from the morning, Kim Bum, Jae Joong called him.
"Are you okay?" Kim Bum asked as he handed me a handkerchief. He sat down beside me.
"I'm fine." I said as I looked away from him.
"You really should've seen Jae Joong three years ago. How sad he was."
"Really?" I laughed. "Why would he be sad for me? Am I that special?"
"Everyone has a special person in their heart, and you were always that special person to Jae Joong."
"Jae Joong. I don't know, how special am I to him if he can't even tell his parents about us?"
"True, but if you weren't special, would he be that sad for you? Would he look like he just did now if you weren't special to him?"
"What do you mean?"
"I've never seen Jae Joong like that, his face, so pleading, so agonized. I've never seen him like it." I still had tears in my eyes, but they had stopped falling.
"I met him four years ago. He was so different from all the guys I've met, so special. He was so cold to others, though he always would reveal his smile to me, and I fell in love with him. We started dating, and he told me he wouldn't tell his parents about us, because he knew his parents wouldn't accept a girl from a poor family like me."
"Wait, you're poor? Then why are you in this school?"
"My sister's boyfriend knows this school's principal, and he allowed me to come in."
"Oh, I see." His face changed, “Alright, I got to go to class now, you know where your classroom is right?” I nodded. “Okay, I’m going, bye.” He said and left.
“Kim Bum!” I shouted, he stopped, but didn’t turn around. “I think that’s your name, but thank-you.” He didn’t reply, he continued to walk, and never even turned his back once to face me.

“I can’t believe I saw her again.” Jae Joong told Kim Bum. “I thought after I left her that day, I’d never meet her again.” He was sitting on a chair in the school courtyard, and was looking to the ground.
“Jae Joong, how come I never see you like this when you break up with your other girlfriends?” Kim Bum asked. “Come on, I know she’s special to you, but you don’t have to be that unhappy.”
“Kim Bum, you won’t understand, So Eun was so special, so important to me, and I left her, I pushed her away.”
“Why did you do it then?” Kim Bum asked.
“I… My mother found out about her, and she didn’t like her.”
“So you broke up with her?” Jae Joong nodded.
“How could you do something like that?”
“I don’t know, I just had to leave her alright?”
“Okay, whatever.” Kim Bum said as he walked away. He’s so stupid, Kim Bum thought. He should’ve just gone with her. If she’s so special to him, he shouldn’t give her up for anything.

So Eun walked to class, once again thinking of Jae Joong. Don’t think of him! She thought to herself. You can’t think of him anymore! She found a desk at the back of the room, and sat down. The desk was brown, made of oak, and was nicely polished. It shone in the light, and reflected So Eun’s face like a mirror. The chair was as tall as So Eun, and was almost like a computer chair, you were able to move up and down, and spin. A laptop was sitting on top of her desk, a few books on the top edge of her desk, and a lamp on the middle edge of her desk, just like the principal’s. Class flew by, and with the laptop, she could take notes just by typing, instead of writing. She wasn’t really the fastest writer, so she usually missed a lot of information the teacher had said before.

“So Eun, I just hope that you’ll meet someone nice and fine for you in that school.” Hyun Joong mumbled. Why am I doing this? I can’t use So Eun. He stood up, and got ready to leave, when someone pulled on his arm.
“If you don’t do this, our company would never survive, and we’ll be left with nothing.” The man said. Hyun Joong closed his eyes, and took a deep breath and said:
“I have to go; I can’t use her like this.”
“You’re not using her, well not completely. You’re giving her a nice school, a nice life… that’s all you’re doing.” The man persuaded. “She’ll be alright.” Hyun Joong swung off the man’s hand, and sat back in the chair. Out of the corner of his eyes, a tear fell down.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 7/9/2009, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 03: Should I Have Brought Her Here?

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 9:59 am

Kim Bum stood impatiently at the front door gates of Korea International. He was waiting for So Eun. After finding out about So Eun’s past with Jae Joong, he felt sorry for her, and pity. He knew for certain that he wouldn’t do the same thing as Jae Joong did, if it was him in Jae Joong’s place. So Eun arrived late, and was pulled into Kim Bum’s car as soon as she arrived.
“Where are we going?” So Eun asked as she got forced into the car.
“Shopping.” Kim Bum replied.
“Shopping?” So Eun asked in disbelief, “We’re skipping school for shopping? Oh no… I’m not doing this.” She shook her head, and tried to open the car door.
“It’s important, you’ll regret it if you don’t go.” Kim Bum smiled, and continued driving, ignoring So Eun’s protests.

It was not long before the arrived at a huge mall, on the other side of the city. Kim Bum helped So Eun out, and pulled her into the mall. It was really big, bigger than any malls she’d ever seen in her life. It had glass windows, glass roof, almost everything was made of class, and the lights that lit it up made it look elegant, and grand. “Why’d you bring me here?” She asked as she looked around for people, though there was none. “There’s nobody here!” she whispered, “Let’s leave.” She started to dart for the door.
“Oh no, you don’t” Kim Bum said as he grabbed hold of her arm when she started to leave. “There are people.” He pointed to the cashiers in each of the stores, and turned back to her. “Ready?”
So Eun was scared, she didn’t know this boy really well. What if he was going to kidnap her? Oh No! She thought to herself, I can’t let him kidnap me; I have to find an escape! She started to look around the mall for doors, and open windows she could sneak through without him knowing, but she found no windows but the one on the roof, and no doors, but entrance doors from each of the four directions, North, East, South and West.” But she knew for certain she couldn’t escape. They walked through stores, with the price tags on the items that she could never afford. It was all more than an annual salary of her mother. They walked into a store named “Revolution” and he started to choose clothes for her, dresses in general. He stopped when he spotted a white satin dress. It was strapless, and the bottom of the dress hung under her knees.
“Try It on.” Kim Bum commanded, and handed it to her.
“But…” She protested.
“Just go!” He said and pushed her toward the dressing room. She came out feeling stiff. She had never worn this kind of dress before, strapless, satin. This expensive luxury dress she thought she would never wear, in her entire life, or even the life after that. He took her hand as soon as she came out, and pulled her to a salon. “Fix her hair.” They pushed her into a chair, and the stylist played with her hair, straightening it, curling it, brushing, spraying, almost everything. “Thanks.” Kim Bum thanked the stylist and his assistant and pulled So Eun out of the salon.
“What do you want?” So Eun said as she swung her arm, so Kim Bum had no more grip of it. “You’ve made me skip school for this? I feel like a doll, and you my owner is dressing me up.”
“I’ve got no time for this.” Kim Bum said, his voice was low, and steady, and showed that he was about to get angry.
“I don’t care if you’re in a rush or not, you don’t need to do this to me.” She said.
“You’ll understand when we get there.” He sighed and pulled her once again to his car. So Eun didn’t protest this time, because she wanted to know what he was up to. They ended up at a five-star hotel, in a ballroom. Many people where there, dancing, and chatting, and in the far corner of the room, was Jae Joong chatting with a beautiful girl, probably from a rich family, like he is.
“I can’t stay here.” So Eun said as she started to walk towards the hotel entrance. They were already at the ballroom entrance, and Kim Bum didn’t want to go fetch her again.
“You have me.” He said as he took her arm, and curled it with his on his side. “Let’s go.” He walked with her into the grand ballroom, everyone’s eyes fixed on So Eun as she walked.
“Why are they all staring at me?” So Eun whispered uncomfortably.
“Because you’re Kim So Eun” He answered, and smiled to the people around. So Eun was stiff, but the high heel’s Kim Bum gave her felt like they were going to kill her feet. After a while, she got used to the people staring at her, and she smiled comfortably toward others, and nodded her head to others as a ‘Hello’ to others. Kim Bum seemed to know almost everyone in the ballroom, and he stopped at each of them, and chatted, So Eun still at his side. She soon met most of the population in the room, and had chatted with them, and made friends.
“Didn’t I say you’re going to regret it if you don’t come?” Kim Bum asked. So Eun smiled and said:
“Well, why? Why me? And Jae Joong…” She looked toward Jae Joong’s direction, and looked back at Kim Bum.
“You see that couple? The ones near the stage?” So Eun nodded. “Their Jae Joong’s parents.”
“What? Parents?” So Eun said in shock.
“Did you see the way they looked at you? His mother must be sorry she made Jae Joong break up with you.”
“You did this all for me? I mean the clothes, the hair, so that I could make them feel sorry?” Kim Bum nodded.
“Thank-you, but I really didn’t want something like this to happen.” She said as she left for the door. Kim Bum froze at where he stood, confused.
“I only wanted you to feel better.” He whispered, and walked toward another couple to greet them.

“Hyun Joong.” Hye Sun greeted as she jumped into his car.
“What’s up?” Hyun Joong said as he smiled at her. Hye Sun didn’t answer, because she felt guilty. Hyun Joong understood and said:
“Hye Sun, should we tell her?”
“No, we can’t. It’d hurt her, and if we tell her now, your company won’t get the money.”
“But isn’t So Eun more important?” Hyun Joong asked.
“We can’t care about that now, the company is falling, and it’s everything we have. I can’t let it fall.” Hye Sun had tears in her eyes. “I’ve watched So Eun grow up, and I know she’d be able to understand when she finds out later.” Hyun Joong sighed, and drove off.

“I’ve got to go now; I’ll talk to you later.” Jae Joong said, and darted out toward the doors. He had run after So Eun, wanting to talk to her. He spotted her waiting at a bus stop outside the hotel. “So Eun…” He said when he got close. She turned around, with tears in her eyes, and said:
“What do you want?”
“So Eun… can we talk?” So Eun nodded her head, and followed him to a café close by. “I know I hurt you really bad back then.” He started when they both got seated. “I don’t dare wish for you to return back to my side, but can we at least be friends?” So Eun didn’t reply, and instead, called the waitress over.
“Give me some juice please.” She said. After the waitress had come back with the juice, she said. “I don’t like to remember people who hurt me, nor the unhappy things that had happened in the past. Though Jae Joong, I couldn’t forget you. I… don’t have feelings for you anymore, but being friends, I think that would be okay.” She said as she revealed a smile. Jae Joong also smiled, and laughed.
“Alright, let’s not talk about the past. So, do you want to come to the beach with me and Kim Bum this weekend?” He offered
“Beach?” she asked curiously. Jae Joong nodded. “Okay.” And they both chatted and laughed for the rest of the time in the café.

Kim Bum was walking slowly to his car, after the ball had ended. He thought: should I have brought her here? Was it too much for her? He came up with all these unanswered questions, and drove off.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 7/9/2009, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 04: The Beach.

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:00 am

"You're going to the beach?" Hye Sun asked surprised, "With whom?"
"Well… with Jae Joong, Kim—" So Eun tried to continue, but Hye Sun interrupted.
"Jae Joong? You don't mean that boy who left you years ago right?"
"Hye Sun… Well…"
"It is him isn't it? You can't go." Hye Sun said as she turned her head towards the window. Their mother had gone on a mini trip with some of her friends, and was gone for the week. Hye Sun was responsible of everything happening in the house.
"It's been a long time since that happened, and suppose, I already forgave him."
"You forgave him?" Hye Sun said in disbelief. "He left you ye, you shouldn't have forgave him so easily!"
"Do you remember what you taught me? You taught me to forget the people who hurt me, and forget all the pain people have caused me." So Eun said as tears filled her eyes. "I couldn't forget Jae Joong, so all I could do was forgetting the pain he caused me. Why can't be friends anymore? It's not like I'm going back together with him!" So Eun said as her tears streamed down her face.
"Jae Joong's different." Hye Sun said as she looked back at So Eun.
"How is he different? He's just a person who hurt me years ago, that I want to be friends with now! Why can't I?" She couldn't help but slap Hye Sun, she just didn't understand.
"So Eun…"
"I'm leaving." So Eun said as she got up from the sofa, grabbed her recreational bag, and ran out of the house. Kim Bum was waiting patiently in his car, in front of her house.
"What's wrong?" He asked as she got in his car. She placed the recreational bag in the back seat and replied:
"Just start the car." Kim Bum obeyed, and turned the keys of the car to start it, and not before long, they were moving.
"Seriously, what's wrong?"
"My sister, she didn't really like the fact that…"
"That…?"
"That I forgave Jae Joong." So Eun looked down at her hands, which slapped her sister's flawless face. She started to cry again, but silent this time. She didn't want Kim Bum to know.

Jae Joong and the others were already at the beach by the time Kim Bum and So Eun arrived. She had stopped crying, though her eyes were still red and swollen.
"So Eun? Are you alright?" Jae Joong asked worriedly as they got close.
"I'm fine." She replied, without looking up. Kim Bum had gone over to some other people, and was hugging them as a greeting.
"Do you want something to eat or drink?" Jae Joong asked. So Eun shook her head.
"No, I just want to swim right now." Jae Joong nodded, and led her to the changing room to change into her swimsuit.
"Let's go!" Jae Joong said when she came out changed. He got hold of her wrist, and pulled her towards the water. So Eun gradually gained her smiled back, and laughed and splashed in the water with Jae Joong, Kim Bum joining in later. They ended the day with a barbeque.
"Wow! There's so much food!" So Eun said excitedly as she reached the food at the table.
"You've never changed, still that obsessed about food." Jae Joong said as he let out a laugh.
"Hey!" So Eun shouted as she started to eat. "I'm not that obsessed with food."
"Really?" Jae Joong said in disbelief.
"Uhmm." So Eun said, her mouth filled with food. Kim Bum let out a laugh.
"Why don't you guys just start eating?" Kim Bum suggested with a smile. They all agreed and ate.

"Kim Bum, you know why I told you my sister didn't like the fact that I forgave Jae Joong?" So Eun asked Kim Bum. They were sitting on the golden sand of the beach alone. The others had all gone back into the inn nearby, they were staying at tonight.
"Why?" Kim Bum asked curiously. The sun was setting, and both their eyes were fixed on the big orange-reddish yolk.
"I really don't know why, but you're different. You're so easy to talk to. I mean I haven't really met you for that long of a time, yet it seems like I've met you for a long, long time. It's almost as if we knew each other since birth."
"Well… where were you born?"
"Seoul." So Eun laughed.
"I meant which hospital?" He asked, and laughed with her.
"I think… the hospital near the east side of the city."
"Serious?" She nodded. Kim Bum laughed, I guess its fate. We were born in the same hospital, or it might be fate." So Eun laughed.
"Well, it is fate that I've met you now, meeting Jae Joong again, forgave him. Maybe it's all just fate."
"Probably is." Kim Bum agreed.
"Fate…" So Eun mumbled, "It's a really interesting thing. It brings people together, and other's apart." She said as she looked at the Sun setting, it was almost all gone now, though you could still see a little bit of it.
"It is… If it wasn't for it, maybe I wouldn't have lost her."
"Her?" she asked curiously.
"She died. The girl I thought I loved the most, died. Is that called fate? Was it fate that she would die on an airplane accident, and never come back."
"Sorry for bring up something so sad."
"It's okay; I would've had to deal with it one day." After the sun had finally fully set, they returned to the Inn.

"Hello?" So Eun asked as she answered her phone. "Hyun Joong?"
"Yeah, it's me." He said, his voice sounded sad, and So Eun was curious why.
"What's wrong?"
"It's nothing much, I just wanted to call you to hear your voice."
"My voice, you mean my horrible singing voice?" She asked in disbelief. Hyun Joong let out a quiet laugh.
"Alright, I think that's all. That's all I wanted to do, goodnight." He said as he hung up. He knew he didn't only want to hear her voice, but to say sorry also. They were planning on using her to save the company, Him and Hye Sun. Hye Sun said she would understand, but Hyun Joong didn't know if that was true of not. So Eun had always been like a little sister to him, and maybe later his sister-in-law. He loved her, like a sister, a very best friend, and he knew he was going to betray her.
"Hyun Joong!" His father called, "Come help me with the t.v. It's not working!" He shouted.
"I'm coming." He said. He took one last look at his phone, and stuffed it back into his pocket, and walked to the living room to help his father.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 7/9/2009, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 05: "They Just Don't Seem That Special."

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:09 am

"I don't want to go home today." So Eun protested. They were about to leave the beach the next morning.
"Then where are you going to go?" Kim Bum asked.
"Just leave first; I want to stay here for a while." She replied. She looked down at her feet, she was wearing white flip-flops, and some of her feet were covered with the golden-colored sand.
"I'm not going to leave you here alone."
"Well, where are you going to bring me if you don't leave me here?"
"I'll bring to some place special."
"Special?" She said as she looked up to him curiously. "To Where?"
"Do you have your passport with you?" So Eun shook her head.
"Well, I guess we can take that option out." He mumbled, "Well... Let's just get into the car first, okay?" So Eun nodded, and followed him into his car.
"How come you're so nice to me?" So Eun asked as the car started to move.
"What do you mean?" Kim Bum asked, as he turned his eyes from the wheel to So Eun.
"I mean, what you did the other day. Dressing me up, that was to make Jae Joong's parents sorry right? You didn't have to do that."
"I did that because I was bored, and that wasn't anything big anyway."
"But..."
"No buts, let's go get something to eat first okay?" So Eun nodded, and looked out the window.
"Why do you always seem so sad, like cold to others? You really aren't like that."
"Do I?" He laughed. "I've never really noticed. I've been like that since I began high school."
"Why? I mean, you're so nice, and considerate."
"Maybe it's just you, I'm nice to." So Eun could feel her heart beating, faster and faster. He leant his face down, closer and closer to hers, until they were only about three centimeters apart. So Eun closed eyes, waiting for the kiss. Kim Bum let out a laugh. He returned back to his position before, and looked forward. "I thought you were special, but it seems like you're no different than all those other girls I've dated." He said. His voice was calm, and steady, and it had this kind of laughing tone to it. So Eun didn't know why she was disappointed, she hadn't met this boy for a long time, he had helped her, but that doesn't make him any different than any other boy she had met, why was she so disappointed. She should've been scared. She revealed a little smile at her stupid-ness, and looked forward also.
"Why would you think I'm special? I'm just a normal girl, like everyone else."
"I really don't know." They remained silent for the rest of the ride to the restaurant, and stayed silent throughout the eating process too. It was only after they had got on the car, when they broke the silence.
"I'll take you home?" He offered.
"I don't want to go home." She answered; she looked away from him and out the car window. "I'd really rather sleep on the streets right now, than go home." He laughed.
"I'm not going to let you sleep on the streets." So Eun revealed a smile, at least he still cared about her, she thought. "You want to come to my place for the night?"
"Your home, you mean?" She asked confused. Usually rich boys like Kim Bum, had multiple homes, whether it was a big mansion, or an apartment, it was usually designed with the newest fashions, and was made comfortable.
"Not really my home, but my apartment. I don't live there anymore; it's just somewhere where I use to relax with my friends."
"You mean Jae Joong? Isn't he your only friend?" She asked. She had never seen him with another friend, other than Jae Joong. Jae Joong seemed to have more friends, and was more social able, while, Kim Bum was quieter.
"I do have other friends, it's just Jae Joong seems to be the closest to me." So Eun smiled, so he does have friends, just he never seems to talk to them much.
"Would it be troublesome for me to stay in that apartment?"
"No, I just use it in my spare time, no one lives there anyways." So Eun nodded, thanked him.

"This is it!" Kim Bum said as he opened the door to the apartment. Shocked by the size, So Eun screamed, "You don't have to be that surprised." Kim Bum said as he revealed a smile.
"What do you mean? This is so big! It's at least three times the size of my house." She said, Kim Bum could see her eyes shining.
"This is considered small." He corrected, "Not big." He laughed.
"How can this not be big? This is huge! How can you only use this for you relaxation? I could be satisfied just living in this apartment my whole life."
"What about the food?" Kim Bum joked.
"Hmm… Would you deliver it to me everyday?" She laughed. The room was big, though to Kim Bum, it was only the size of his dining room in the house he had lived in. He was surprised by her reaction to such a small apartment. She must be living in a very small house, he thought to himself as he showed her around.
"There's food in the fridge, and I'll tell someone to get you clothes so you could take a shower later tonight."
"What's this?" she said as she ran toward a shelf filled with masterpieces, done by the best artists of Korea. She pointed to a vase.
"That's a vase." He laughed.
"I' know it's a vase, but… it's so different, unique, beautiful." It was glass, colored with orange, you could almost see through it. It seemed so fragile, so thin.
"We see those all the time, no big deal" He said as he turned toward the area with the sofas, and stylish chairs. There was a big bean bag beside the sofa. The floor was made of stylish stone tiles, and the area with the chairs, had a carpet, a rug, to make it seem more comfortable, and welcoming. Kim Bum took a seat in one of the chairs, and took a magazine from the little glass coffee table in the middle of the rug. He relaxed and started flipping through the magazine as he waited for So Eun to calm down, and finish touring. After she was all done, he showed her the universal remote, to the curtains, music, TV…etc.
"The bedroom is over there, beside the washroom. You could sleep there tonight. I'm going to leave now; I've got other things to do." She nodded, and walked him to the door.
"Oh! The keys are on the kitchen table if you want to go somewhere. I just didn't want to lock you out. If something happens, call me. If one of my friends comes up, just tell them that I told you to stay here for the night, and the apartment isn't available, okay?" She nodded her head, and showed him out.
"He calls this small… I wonder how big his house is…" She mumbled to herself when he left. She was thankful for meeting him, if not; she'd probably have to sleep on the streets tonight, since she really didn't want to go home." Kim Bum had left her recreation bag she had brought with her in the bedroom area, just in case she needed anything. Though inside there was just a camera, some old clothes, a towel, and a swimsuit. She wondered why he was so nice to her. When she was finished settling herself in the sofa, and had turned on the TV for dramas. Her cell phone began to ring.
"Hello?" She answered, her eyes fixed on the TV. She had not looked on the caller id.
"So Eun? Where are you?" It was Hye Sun, she sounded worried, but So Eun didn't want to tell her where she was. She knew if she told her, Hye Sun would come and find her.
"You don't need to know, I'm safe, that's all you need to know."
"So Eun…"
"I don't want to listen to you; all I wanted to do was forgiving Jae Joong, and being friends with him again, nothing more! But why are you…. UGH!"
"So Eun… listen…" Hye Sun couldn't say anything more, because So Eun had hung up on her. "I just didn't want you to become hurt again, because of Jae Joong." She whispered as she closed her phone.

The home of Hye Sun seemed to empty, lonely now that So Eun wasn't here. Hye Sun had settled herself on a chair at the kitchen table. She had her laptop - provided by the school – and was trying to find a way of contacting Jae Joong. She must be with Jae Joong, she thought. He's the only person she has other than me and Hyun Joong, and if Hyun Joong didn't call me, telling me about her, then she must be with Jae Joong, she thought.
She searched on various websites, trying to find Jae Joong's number, using the company name, but having no luck at all. When she called the company, the secretary said she didn't know the number, and the president wouldn't speak to her, since she had no information about her at all. I just hope she's alright, she prayed and fell asleep on the sofa. She was waiting there, just in case So Eun would return.

So Eun was walking out of the bathroom in a bathrobe, she had just finished her shower, and was walking to the bedroom to grab the clothes Kim Bum had sent. She heard the keys turning in the lock, to the apartment, and scared, she grabbed the clothes, ran into the bathroom, as she hurriedly tried to slip the clothes on. It was a plain T-shirt, and sweat pants, it was comfortable, and easy to slip into. Just as the door opened, she finished changing, and opened the door to see who it was that had come in. It was Kim Bum.
"Are you alright?" He asked as she walked out of the bathroom. "You look scared."
"I was! I didn't know who was coming in!" She shouted as she took a seat the sofa.
"I just came up to see how you were doing. It looks like you're getting pretty used to this place."
"It' just like any other house, just bigger." She exclaimed. Kim Bum laughed.
"It's an apartment." He corrected.
"Oh! Same thing! It's bigger than my house, so I'll call it a house!" She said.
"Okay, did you get anything to eat yet?" She shook her head.
"I'll cook something for you." He said as he walked towards the kitchen. He made some ramen, with eggs, and bacon on top.
"You don't usually cook do you?" She laughed as she started to eat.
"Just eat your food, if not, I'll eat it." He said as he took a seat at the kitchen table, watching her eat. "You know, you're the first person to ever eat my food." He confessed.
"Are you serious? Then I must be very special." She said as she continued to eat. Kim Bum laughed.
"You are special. You're also the first girl to stay in this place too."
"Don't you usually bring you girlfriends here too?"
"No, they just don't seem that special." So Eun stopped eating, she could feel her heart beating, faster and faster. She didn't know why, but she could feel her face heating up, and knew at once that she was blushing. Kim Bum noticed, and knew at once the awkward atmosphere around them once he had said this, and changed the subject.
"So… you say this is three times bigger than your home… How big is exactly your home?" He asked curiously. So Eun finally realized the awkward atmosphere, and answered:
"It's three times smaller than this apartment." Kim Bum laughed.
"Great answer, now finish your food." After So Eun finished her food, they chatted for a little while, and Kim Bum left. So Eun was left alone in the apartment.

"Can you check a person's past for me?" Kim Bum asked his butler. He was also like a secretary for Kim Bum, and occasionally Kim Bum would tell him to do things for him.
"Who is this person's name?" The butler asked.
"She's named Kim So Eun."
"May I ask why?"
"There's no need to ask why, just check it for me, and report to me as soon as possible." He ordered, and sat down in one of the chairs in his room, and took the book from the coffee table in front of him.
"Of Course, Young master." The butler said, and rushed out of the room.

"Hello?" Jae Joong said as he answered the phone.
"It's me, Kim Hyun Joong." Hyun Joong said.
"I'm sorry, but I don’t' recall meeting a person named Hyun Joong."
"You know Kim So Eun right?"
"So?"
"Is she with you right now?"
"No, why do you ask?"
"She's disappeared, and has said nothing but she is safe. I'm worried." Hye Sun had called Hyun Joong, and had told him everything. He remembered seeing his phone number when he accidently opening So Eun's diary years ago, and had recorded it, just to find out who he was, but had forgotten. He went through the box where he put all the things he didn't use anymore, and sure enough, he had found the number.
"What's your relationship with her?" Jae Joong asked, suspicious.
"I'm her old crush, and her sister's boyfriend." Jae Joong froze at the word 'crush'. He seemed to still have feelings for her; maybe that was why he had frozen. But he shook his head, and came back to his senses.
"Well, I don’t' know where she is, so… "Jae Joong didn't know what he should say next, should he go look for her? He took a deep breath, and said: "If she wanted you to know where she was, she would have contacted you, so please don't call again." He hung up, and worried, he called So Eun.

"Hello?" Jae Joong asked when she answered the phone.
"Jae Joong?" So Eun said in surprise.
"Are you alright?"
"Of course I am! Why won't I be?"
"How come this guy named Hyun Joong just called me saying you disappeared?" He asked worriedly.
"Oh… I didn't want him to know where I was…"
"Where are you?" He asked.
"Kim Bum gave me a place to stay tonight, so I'm not going to be sleeping on the streets, don't worry. I'm fine." She comforted. She could hear the worry in his voice; she didn't want him to be worried about her.
"Okay… Do you want me to come visit you? Or I could give you a ride to my place; it might be more comfortable here."
"No thanks, I'm fine here. Thanks for the thought." She said as she hung up. "He seems so worried, what if I told him that I'm running away from home, because of him?" She pushed away the thought, and went to bed.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 7/9/2009, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 06: "I'm Very Disappointed."

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:10 am

"Jae Joong!" So Eun said in surprise when she found Jae Joong at the door. She had woken up that morning, and had noticed Jae Joong at the door when she walked out of the bedroom. "Why are you here?" She asked.
"Well, if Kim Bum gave you a place to stay, then... most likely, he'd bring you here." Jae Joong explained. So Eun smiled, and walked towards him.
"But... what brings you here?"
"Well... I was worried about you." He replied, he had his hands in his pockets, and looked way from So Eun.
"Oh… I see." She smiled, and led him to the living room area (the area with all the chairs, and sofas)
"Why did Kim Bum bring you here?" He asked curiously when they settled on the sofa.
"I didn't want to go home." I replied, "So Kim Bum was nice enough to give me a place to stay at." She said joyfully. She was in a good mood today, though she knew she would have to return home tomorrow, she had school, and her homework were still on the table in her room. She didn't want to think much about it, so she decided to put it aside for later.
"You know…" Jae Joong laughed, "It's weird, I feel a bit uncomfortable."
"Why?" So Eun asked in surprise. When Jae Joong was about to reply So Eun, her cell phone started to ring. "Sorry." She apologized, and put the phone to her ear. "Hello?" She answered.
"So Eun?" Kim Bum asked.
"Yes?"
"What are you doing right now?"
"Jae Joong came over, so we're chatting now, why?"
"Di d you guys eat yet?" He asked. So Eun covered the phone, and asked Jae Joong:
"Did you eat yet?" Jae Joong nodded his head, and she put the phone back on her ear.
"He ate already."
"Oh…" Kim Bum said. His voice sounded disappointed in a way, and So Eun had heard t in his voice.
"Do you want to come anyway?" She asked Jae Joong, "It wouldn't hurt to eat more."
"No, I'm fine. You two go, I'll be fine on my own." Jae Joong replied.
"Then I'll pick you up in ten minutes?" Kim Bum asked.
"Sure." So Eun replied, and hung up. "So… what were you saying earlier?" She asked. Jae Joong didn't know if he should tell her or not. They were friends now, and he was grateful for it. He liked it this way. Though he felt uncomfortable because she had asked for help from Kim Bum first, and not him. He thought it over for a moment, and decided not to tell her.
"Oh, it's nothing much." He said. "I'll be leaving now, I'll see you later?" He asked. So Eun nodded head, and walked him to the door, just a few meters away, and said good-bye.

Hye Sun couldn't sleep all night. She had nightmares. She had this weird feeling that this dream would come true one day. So Eun had found out Hyun Joong and her plan to save the company, and how they were using her. She was really mad, and told her:
"I'm never going to forgive you ever again!" She tried to sleep again throughout the night, though every time she finally succeeded, she would have that same dream, and wake up from the nightmare. Should I really use So Eun? Will she forgive me? She asked herself over and over again. She finally convinced herself, No; she is going to forgive me. I know she'll understand.

As Kim Bum and So Eun were driving to a restaurant for breakfast, his phone rung.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Young master, the thing you told me to do last night…" The butler said.
"Yes?"
"I've found out her past."
"Well, her father had died from a car accident a few years back. Her mother has been working in a clothing alternation shop for about ten years. She had dated Master Jae Joong a few years back, but it didn't end so well.
"What else?"
"There isn't much, just the schools she used to go too…Oh! The boyfriend of her sister now used to be her crush."
"Oh…" Kim Bum said. So Eun was sitting quietly beside him as he was driving, and was looking out the window.
"Well, I also found something very interesting."
"What is it?" He asked.
"The boyfriend of her sister is named Kim Hyun Joong. He and his father own a company, a very small one. Recently the company isn't doing all that good, and I've heard that they're planning to use So Eun to get some money for the company."
"How is this possible?" Kim Bum asked in disbelief.
"Well, we've heard, the reason why they've sent her to the school was: First of all meet friends that are above her status level. Even the poorest boy in the school could help revive their company. Second, if a boy really falls in love with her, her and her family could live the rest of their lives in luxury."
"Does she know anything about this?"
"I'm not sure, Young master."
"Thanks." He said and hung up.
"Who was it?" So Eun asked.
"You don't know him." Kim Bum said. So Eun nodded, and looked out the window again.
"So Eun…"
"Hmm?" She asked as she turned towards him.
"Do you know why your sister transferred you to this school?"
"I think it's because she wants me to have a better future." So Eun replied as she smiled. She knew nothing of this plan, though Kim Bum misunderstood.
"So… You really came to this school only to meet someone that could help revive your future brother-in-law's company?" Kim Bum asked in disbelief, he had stopped the car was staring at So Eun with eyes filled with anger. "Did you only come to this school just to revive their company?"
"Hyun Joong's company… What does that have to do with me going to Korea International?" She asked.
"I never knew you were this kind of person."
"What kind of person?"
"Those people who just cares about money! If you want money, I'll give you money." He said angrily. He took out his wallet, and threw her all the bills in it. So Eun looked at him with disbelief. She thought this boy might've the nicest boy she had met in years, though now, she told herself he wasn't. She didn't know why he suddenly came up with this; they were all fine just a few minutes ago. She decided to not ask, if he thought she was just one of those girls that only cares about money, then she wouldn't stop him from thinking that way. All she said before she walked away from the car was:
"I'm very disappointed."

So Eun had no place to stay that night, and had no choice but to return home, she had school anyways. She found Hye Sun on the sofa when she walked in.
"So Eun!" Hye Sun screamed as she ran over to hug her. She had missed her a lot.
"About Jae Joong…" So Eun started,
"It's alright, it's really okay." Hye Sun said as she revealed a smile. So Eun smiled, and they settled on the sofa.
"Where'd you go?"
"My friend…" She didn't know if she could still call Kim Bum a friend after what he had done to her. She decided to just stop talking about it altogether. "I'm going to take a shower now, okay?" She got up from the sofa, and walked to her room. There she was, she thought. I'm back to where I started. She slowly ran her hand over her bed, which Hye Sun had done. Forget it, So Eun, she told herself. Even if you're thinking you're starting to have feelings for him, it's impossible for him to like a poor girl like you. As she said this, tears began to stream down her face. She tried to stop them, but she failed. Why did he have to ruin their friendship, why did he have to think she was "that kind" of person? She didn't want to these questions, so she pushed them away like usually, and gathered her clothes to take a shower.

Last edited by Hainexazien on 7/9/2009, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 07: "I'm Sorry"

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:11 am

"Jae Joong?" Hye Sun asked when A Jae Joong answered the phone. She had called him that morning, wondering if he was with So Eun. Hyun Joong had given him the number.
"So… You're So Eun's sister?" He asked still confused.
"Do you know who she was with yesterday?" She asked.
"Well, I was with her in the morning, and then she went with Kim Bum."
"Kim Bum? Who's he?" Hye Sun asked. She had no idea who he was, though she knew she heard this name somewhere.
"It's our friend. He's like my Hyung, why?"
"Nothing much, can I have his phone number?" She asked. So Eun had left early this morning, and didn't even eat breakfast. Hye Sun had heard So Eun cry the entire night yesterday, and was very worried.
"Sure." Jae Joong told Hye Sun the phone number, and hung up.

So Eun was still a bit unhappy after what had happened yesterday, and she didn't even feel like coming to school today. She didn't want to take any chances of seeing Kim Bum. Though she didn't want Hye Sun worried, so she decide to come, and avoid going to places where she would meet Kim Bum. Since they were in different classes, she didn't have to worry about seeing him in class. She met up with Jae Joong that morning at the front gates, and went to breakfast together at the school cafeteria.
"Your sister called me this morning." Jae Joong stated as he started to eat his breakfast.
"What do you mean?" She asked in confusion, "Why would my sister call you?"
"I don't know, she asked me who was with you yesterday, and asked for Kim Bum's number when I told her you were with him." Why would she want Kim Bum's number? So Eun asked herself. Why?

"Hello?" Kim Bum answered, when the phone rung.
"I'm So Eun's sister; I want to talk to you." Hye Sun stated. Kim Bum could hear the seriousness in her voice, and agreed. It was an hour before class, and Hye Sun met up with Kim Bum at the school rooftop. She had told Hyun Joong that she would not be going to the company today, she had other things to do, and even if she was to go, she'd be late. "Why did you make her cry?" Hye Sun asked as soon as she got near. Kim Bum let out a little laugh and said:
"What do you mean? I made her cry? Even if she did cry, she deserves it, she…. UGH!" His fists clenched into balls, he turned away from Hye Sun and looked to the ground. He didn't want to do what he did last night; he regretted it, though he still thought she deserved it. He felt used, though she had never, once, asked him for his money.
"She was crying all night, I don't even thing she got any sleep. I don't know what's going on between you two, nor do I know you well. But I wouldn't allow you to hurt my sister."
"You're saying this so I would forgive her right? So she can get the money to save your boyfriend's company, right?" He turned back to Hye Sun, his face full of anger.
"How do you know about this?" Hye Sun asked in shock. She thought no one knew this, except her, Hyun Joong, and his father. Kim Bum revealed a little smile, and said:
"I have my ways. If she's being friends with me just for the money, I think there's no need to be friends at all. Friends aren't meant to be used." Hye Sun sighed in disbelief, and said:
"She knew nothing of this. It was all me and Hyun Joong's plan. She knew nothing at all."
"You expect me to believe that?" Kim Bum asked in disbelief.
"I don't know how you've met her, but… she's a really simple-minded girl, if she was to do something like this… do you think she would be able to not feel guilty, and still be as happy as she was before?" Kim Bum thought about this for a long moment. "I think it's because she wants me to have better future." So Eun's words kept replaying in his mind. Did she really know nothing of this at all? To have a better future… That could mean a lot of things! Stupid Kim Bum! He said to himself, and ran downstairs to find So Eun. When Hye Sun saw that he had started to run downstairs, she smiled. She was glad she had come to Korea International to look for this boy today, because she knew he might just be the one that would be with So Eun for the rest of her life. She called Hyun Joong, and told him to pick her up at the school, and started to walk down also.

"Kim So Eun!" Kim Bum called when he spotted So Eun. She started to run away, but Kim Bum got hold of her arm, and stopped her.
"What do you want?" She asked, her eyes were getting teary, and she didn't want to talk to him. She was facing away from him, and refused to look at him.
"I'm Sorry." He said, "I'm really sorry, it's my entire fault." She turned to look at him, and asked:
"Am I not "That Kind" of person?" She asked him, "I thought you were so sure of it yesterday."
"I'm Sorry, I didn't know. When you said what you said, I misunderstood. I thought you meant a future…" He stopped. He couldn't say this anymore. He could see that her eyes were filled with tears, it seemed like they were just going to fall the next time he would say something to her. He was scared he would hurt her. "I… Can you forgive me?" So Eun looked away, and laughed.
"Why should I forgive you?" Tears began to stream down her face, and she didn't stop them. She let them fall.
"Because I'm sorry and because I love you." He said as he turned her around to face him. She could see him face, agonized, and stayed silent. She didn't know what to say, should she forgive him? She thought for a moment, and finally said:
"Only on one condition," She said. He was gently wiping her tears away with his fingers, and asked:
"What?"
"Date." She replied.
"A date?" he asked in disbelief. She nodded. He thought for a moment, and agreed. "Okay." He smiled, and hugged her as tightly as he could afraid that he would lose her again, and she smiled back and hugged him back.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked her when they got into his car. They were skipping class. She thought for a moment, and replied:
"I want to go to the beach."
"The beach?" He asked in disbelief, but he drove to the beach anyway, he didn't care where it was, as long as it was with her.
It was a nice day, the sun was out, and the clouds didn't feel like crying either. They stopped by a swimsuit store, bought swimsuits, and headed to the beach. They played in the water, swimming, and splashing at each other at times. When the sun was about to set, the sat down on the golden sand, and watch it sink lower and lower.
"Do you know why I wanted to come here?" She asked Kim Bum. Kim Bum shook his head. "I told myself after Jae Joong left me, that the first person I'd ever fall in love with again, our first date would have to be at this beach."
"Why?"
"Because…" She stopped for a moment, remembering the times she had here with Jae Joong, and continued. "Because… Jae Joong and Iused to come here, and when he left me, he left my heart here. I wanted next person I like, to come here with me and retrieve my heart." Kim Bum let out a laugh.
"What are you laughing at?" She asked.
"Nothing, just thinking…" He replied.
"Tell me!" She whined.
"Alright, it's because I have such a simple minded girlfriend."
"Who said I'm you girlfriend?" She asked playfully.
"I did." He replied, he put his hand over her shoulder, pulled her towards him, and placed his lips on hers.
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 08: Half-True Rumor

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:16 am

"Should we still continue with the plan? I mean… That boy… he already found out…"
Hye Sun asked Hyun Joong. They were sitting at the company office owned by Hyun Joong, and his father.
"I think it would be alright, I mean… I'm not sure, but it's the only way to save the company." Hye Sun buried in her face in her hands, and burst into tears.
"To use So Eun? Isn't there any other way?"
"That's what I thought at first, but… It's really the only way." Hye Sun buried her face in her hands, and burst in tears. Hyun Joong walked over to her, and hugged her as tightly as he could, and said: "I'm sorry." He rested his head on top of hers, and closed his eyes.
"…So Eun? You're kidding…"
"…What? Serious..." The rumors in the school about So Eun dating Kim Bum just for his money began spreading, and by the end of the week, the whole school had believed this rumor. Not long after, So Eun and Kim Bum had heard this rumor too. Everywhere So Eun went, there would be people pointing at her, and whispering to the people beside them about her, and she had noticed, and felt incredibly uncomfortable. Kim Bum noticed her troubled expression, and asked her why she was so troubled.
"It's nothing." She lied. She didn't know Kim Bum had heard of this rumor too, and didn't want him to feel uncomfortable also. She knew he had a lot of things to do already; she didn't want to become a burden to him.
"So Eun, you know you can tell me right?" He told her. They were sitting on a bench in the school courtyard, under a big tree. He took her hand, and held it tightly.
"I don't know why they keep coming up with these rumors," She said, her eyes getting teary. "I swear I don't even understand why they say, I'm only dating you because you're rich."
"Well, as long as it's not true, it doesn't matter does it?" So Eun looked down at the grass, and let the tears stream down her face. Kim Bum knew a lot of rumors were going to spreading; he was considered the "Prince" in a commoner's eyes. Though he knew this rumor was half true, it was just the fact that she didn't know anything about it at all. He still was holding her hand tightly, and with her other hand, and stroked her black silky hair. "It's okay, as long as I believe in you; you've got nothing to worry about right?" So Eun really didn't know the answer to that question, so she didn't reply.

Kim Bum had left her alone in the courtyard; he had something important to tend to, and had to leave early. She didn't mind, though she felt lonely, and she could still see the people whispering everywhere. But luckily, Jae Joong showed up.
"Mind if I take a seat?" He asked when he got near. So Eun smiled, and moved over a little bit to make space for him. "Are you okay?" He asked when he sat down. "I heard the rumors. Don't mind them, it's just a rumor." So Eun's eyes got teary again at the thought, and tried her best not to cry. She stayed silent, but was grateful for Jae Joong's comfort. He seemed to be always there when she wasn't happy, when she was troubled. She thought, if he hadn't left me years ago, would we still be together now? She thought about this over and over, and decided, no. Jae Joong leaving her was fate, and nothing can change fate. Jae Joong took her for some food at a restaurant, and drove her home.

That night, with nothing to do, decided to surf the web. Hye Sun had always had a blog, and had updated it whenever she had time. So Eun hadn't looked at it in a while, and decided she should check out what her sister's thoughts were for the past few months. She clicked on the newest blog entry, dated at the night she had left home.
I really don't know what to do today, I feel so guilty. I really don't want to do this, using So Eun. But, it's really the only way to save Hyun Joong's company. Jae Joong, I really don't want to forgive him, and I really don't understand why So Eun forgave him so easily. He left her years ago; he doesn't deserve to be forgiven. I have seen the times So Eun had cried about Jae Joong, not long after he left. I really don't know what to do… whenever I want to give up the plan, something would always remind that I had to save my boyfriend's company. There's no way that I could watch everything we’ve achieved disappear. I really want to tell So Eun, sorry.
When So Eun finished reading this, her face was already streaming tears. Why? She asked herself, what plan? What does she mean by using me? Just then, Hye Sun returned. So Eun heard the door open, and close, and knew Hye Sun had come back. She ran out of her room, and stopped in front of Hye Sun.
"What's wrong?" Hye Sun asked worriedly.
"What plan? What do you mean by using me?" So Eun said as her tears continued to fall.
"Oh! So Eun…" Hye Sun said with a low voice, "I… I really don't want to do it. But it's the only way to save Hyun Joong's company."
"What plan? What do you mean by using me?" So Eun repeated in disbelief.
"Hyun Joong's company is running low on money, the stocks have fallen, and… just everything is leading to bankrupt. Hyun Joong and I couldn't just watch all that we've achieve fall, so we came up with a plan to use you. We decided to put you in a school, where all the people are rich, we know that even the poorest boy in there, could help Hyun Joong. We wished that you would fall in love with one of them, and ask him for the money to help me and Hyun Joong." After Hye Sun finished saying this, So Eun fainted.

"Why am I here?" So Eun asked when she found herself in a hospital room when she woke up.
"You fainted." Kim Bum answered. Hye Sun had called him, and told him about the incident. Then she called the hospital to find a car to transport her to the hospital.
"Oh." So Eun said as she tried to sit up. "I'm sorry, the rumor…" So Eun couldn't say anymore. She buried her face in her hands, and cried.
"Don't worry about it… I already know."
"No… It's…"
"Your sister wanted you to help her boyfriend's company out right? To get you to ask the boy who would fall in love with you for money to save the company. I know… She told me, and you knew nothing about it… It's fine." She ceased crying for a moment, and looked at him surprised.
"What? You knew?" Kim Bum nodded, and hugged her.
"Stupid So Eun… you're crying over such a stupid thing."
"What are you talking about? How is this stupid? I almost used you…" She said, her voice showed that she felt guilty over what her sister and Hyun Joong had planned. She hugged Kim Bum back, while Kim Bum hugged her tighter.
"The money that your sister needs, is no more than a few hundred thousand, that's not even how much we pay each month for electricity, water, gas for my home."
"But still… that's so much money for commoners like us… we might not even be able to make that much in ten years."
"Don’t worry about it… just don't faint again, alright?" So Eun nodded, and fell asleep.

"Should I give the money to them?" Kim Bum asked the butler.
"A few hundred thousand may not be anything, but I don't see any reason at all to help them." The butler replied. Kim Bum didn't know whether he should help Hye Sun or not. She was about to use her sister… meaning she was pretty cold hearted. He thought about it for a long moment, and said:
"We'll see."
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 09: "Thank-You."

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:17 am

“So Eun!” Hyun Joong called as he caught hold of her arm. “I’m sorry.” So Eun turned around to face him, and slapped him.
“I thought you would never lie to me, but in the end…”He eyes got teary; she swung off Hyun Joong’s grip on her arm, and turned away. Hyun Joong regretted even thinking of using the plan, and cursed himself for doing so.
“So Eun, are you okay?” Kim Bum asked worriedly as he walked towards them. They were infront of So Eun’s home, and Kim Bum had come to pick her up for their date.
“I’m fine, let’s go.” She walked to Kim Bum, to his car without turning around to look at Hyun Joong. Kim Bum stayed behind.
“I’m guessing you’re Hye Sun’s boyfriend?” Kim Bum assumed. Hyun Joong nodded. “Your company needs the money, that’s why you were planning to use So Eun right?” Hyun Joong looked down at the ground, ashamed, and then turned back to Kim Bum.
“We really needed the money, but now… it’s not important, So Eun… I can’t believe we were about to use her!” He said regretfully.
“Tomorrow, I’ll see you at twelve O’clock, East Café.” Kim Bum stated before he started to back toward his car, and drove off not long after.
“What’d you guys talk about?” So Eun asked when the car started moving.
“It’s not something you should be worried about.” Kim Bum said. They were silent for the rest of the ride. They stopped the car, when they reached a little hill overlooking the city of Seoul.
“Why’d you bring me here?” She asked as she took a seat on the park bench, looking curiously at the scenery. Kim Bum didn’t answer. He took a seat beside her, and looked at her with worried eyes. “What’s wrong?”
“So Eun, do you want to leave Seoul with me?” He asked. His voice was low and quiet. So EUn looked away. She thought hard for moment. What about her mother? What about Hye Sun? What would they do? She loved this city, this was her home. “So Eun?” He asked, waiting patiently for an answer.
“I… What about my mother?” She asked, unable to decide. Kim Bum sighed.
“She’s going to be fine; Hye Sun’s going to take care of her, right?”
“But…” She couldn’t think of anything to say. She just didn’t want to leave Seoul.
“Think about it tonight, and tell me tomorrow, or the day after that. I can wait.” He said as he got up getting ready to start back toward the car. So Eun caught his wrist just before he started walking. He stopped, but didn’t turn around.
“I… I don’t want to go.” She whispered hesitantly. “I just can’t leave Hye Sun and mother behind, I’m sorry.” Her eyes got teary again. Kim Bum turned around, took a seat behind her again, and put his hands on her shoulders.
“It’s okay, I understand. Just tell me anytime if you want to go, alright?” He asked softly. “Don’t cry.” He said and got up, and started towards the car. I just wanted to protect you from anything that’s going to happen, he thought to himself. I don’t want to you hurt by your sister, and that boy again…

“Can I get a cup of coffee?” Hyun Joong asked as he settled at a table in the café. He had arrived a few minutes early. He had no idea why Kim Bum had told him to come here today, though he had a bad feeling something was going to happen, he still came. Kim Bum arrived not long after.
“Hey.” He said. He didn’t sound all that happy, though he didn’t look mad either. He had a man behind him, in a black suit, almost like a bodyguard. He sat down in the chair across from Hyun Joong as said: “This is my family butler, also my secretary. Now, how much do you exactly need to revive your company?” He asked. Hyun Joong unable to believe this fact started adding up the numbers in his head. “Is five hundred million enough?” Kim Bum asked impatiently. Hyun Joong nodded. “Give him a cheque of five hundred million.” He told the butler.
“Certainly, young master.” He replied, and dug into his pocket for the cheque book. He gave it to Kim Bum when he was finished. Kim Bum sighed.
“Don’t you ever think of using my girlfriend ever again.” He said as he handed Hyun Joong the cheque. Hyun Joong was happy he finally got the money to save his money, though he really like the way Kim Bum said things.
“Thank-you.” Hyun Joong said. He put the cheque in his coat pocket, and turned back to Kim Bum. “I wasn’t going to use So Eun.” He lied.
“Whatever.” Kim Bum said. He got up and left, leaving Hyun Joong alone at the café.
“Hye Sun? We’re saved!” Hyun Joong said. He had called her to tell her the good news.
“What do you mean?” She asked.
“So Eun’s boyfriend saved us!”
“What?” She was confused, Kim Bum helping us? Impossible!
“He gave me five hundred million.” Hyun Joong explained. Before he could say anymore Hye Sun had hung up. She didn’t know why, but she didn’t want Kim Bum’s money. She knew if they accepted the money, So Eun would surely hate them. She dialed the number of So Eun’s phone, and waited for her to answer.
“So Eun?” She asked when she picked up.
“Yes?”
“Hyun Joong just called, Kim Bum…”
“What about Kim Bum?” So Eun asked worriedly, scared Kim Bum had gotten into some accident.
“He gave us five hundred million to save the company.” Hye Sun explained. After hearing this, So Eun hung up, and called Kim Bum.
“Hello?” He answered.
“Kim Bum, do you have some time?” She asked
“Sure, I’ll come pick you up.” He said, and then hung up.

So Eun knew how important the money was to Hyun Joong’s company, though she didn’t want it to be from Kim Bum. It might not seem a lot of money to him, but it was to So Eun. She didn’t want Kim Bum to give them money to save the company. She didn’t want to feel like she owed him something. She wanted to be equal with him. She’d rather earn the money herself, even if it would take her years, maybe more.
“What’s wrong?” Kim Bum asked when she got into his car.
“Why’d you give him the money?” She asked.
“He needs it for the company, as long as he—“
“I don’t want you giving him money. Yes, maybe he really needs the money, but I don’t want it from you. I don’t want to owe you anything, I don’t want—“Kim Bum hugged her tight.
“I gave him the money, because I knew he really needed it.” He explained, “I know you want to earn it yourself, but I don’t want to you to go through all that pain. Because you’re my girlfriend, because I love you.”
“I want to be equal to you, so that it doesn’t seem like I owe you anything—“
“You don’t, and you’ll never will, because we’re equal.” He said as he placed his lips on hers. He broke the kiss after a few seconds, and said: “Don’t worry about it, it’s nothing.” He hugged her more tightly, and rested his head on top of hers.
“Thank-you,” She whispered, “Thank-you for everything you’ve done.”
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Chapter 10: I Love You.

Post by Hainexazien 7/9/2009, 10:18 am

“Should I go with him?” So Eun asked herself as she lay lazily on the bed. She rolled over on to her stomach, and grabbed the little stuff teddy bear she was given when she was five. She had loved the stuff animal, it was the first gift her father ever gave her, and was also the last. He had died the month after he had given her the stuff animal. She hugged it tight, as she thought of the memories she had had with her father, though there wasn’t much, she still treasured them. What would happen if I left mother and Hye Sun? Would they be able to manage? She asked herself. In the end, she decided to push it aside, and think about the matter later, like she usually would do.
“Is it asking too much for a person to leave their family, to a foreign place with her boyfriend?” Kim Bum asked Jae Joong. They were in the apartment So Eun had stayed not very long ago. Though now it seemed empty and a bit lonelier. They were playing video games, and pool.
“Who are you talking about?” Jae Joong asked as he hit the last ball into the hole at the far end of the table.
“So Eun, I asked her if she wanted to leave Seoul, but she rejected.”
“Well, So Eun really cares about her family. It’s her life, and she would die protecting her family.” Jae Joong laughed.
“I know… I just…” He wanted to say he wanted to protect her from her sister, just in case they would use her again, but he knew if he told Jae Joong, he would surely laugh at him.
“Well, don’t worry about it too much, it’s not that she wants to reject you, it’s just because she doesn’t want to leave her mother and sister.” Kim Bum looked down at the floor, and then looked up again. He took the T.V. remote on the little glass coffee table, and turned on the T.V. After finding that nothing exciting was on, he turned off the T.V. He took out his phone, and dialed So Eun’s number.
“Hello?” She said when she finally answered the phone.
“So Eun…” He started. He wanted to ask her if she changed her mind, but he decided that it would be better to just let her tell him herself when she was ready. “It’s nothing; I just wanted to tell you… I love you.” After those words, he hung up.
So Eun didn’t know what to do, she knew Kim Bum must have a reason for wanting her to leave with him, she just didn’t know what her mother would say to this, and what Hye Sun would do. She decided that there was no harm asking. She found her mother at the dining table, and sat down in the chair beside her.
“Mother,” She said. “What would you say if I were to leave Seoul with a friend of mine?”
“What do you mean?” Her mother asked as she looked up from the newspaper she was reading. “Leave? Why? What’s wrong with Seoul?”
“Nothing’s wrong, it’s just…”
“Who are you going to go with?”
“Kim Bum…” She replied, “He’s my… boyfriend.”
“You have a boyfriend? Kim Bum? That name sounds familiar…” It was silent for a moment, while her mother thought of where she had heard the name, and at last she remembered. “Kim Bum! Oh! Isn’t that the rich boy?”
“Mother, he’s…” She was going to say he wasn’t rich, but now that she had thought about it, he was rich.
“Oh! If it’s Kim Bum, then it’s all good, you can go as long as you’d like, I’m sure that he’d take very good care of you.” So Eun was thrilled, though she was still a bit worried about her mother.
“Mother, are you going to be okay?”
“I’m going to be fine, don’t worry about me, I have Hye Sun. Now go pack, and tell your boyfriend of yours to get you a plane ticket!”
“Thanks Mom!” So Eun screamed as she kissed her mother on the cheek. She decided to call Kim Bum to tell him the good news.
“Oppa!” She said when he answered.
“So Eun?”
“I’ve got something to tell you… Come to the park near my home.” Kim Bum agreed, hung up, and grabbed his jacket in the closet.
“Where are you going?” Jae Joong asked, surprised.
“So Eun said she has something to tell me, I’m going to meet her. Bye.” He put on his jacket, and left.

It was long before Kim Bum arrived at the park. He found So Eun on a swing, struggling to swing. She tried pushing herself backward, and then forward, but it failed. When he arrived, he pushed the swing for her, so that she actually swung, and took the swing beside her.
“What did you want to tell me?” He asked.
“I… That think you said the other day, I will leave Seoul with you.”
“You will?” He asked in shock. He thought she would never agree to it, since she already rejected her once. She nodded.
“I’ve thought about it, there’s got to be a reason why you want to take me away, and my mother said she’d be fine. Maybe I’ll have to come back once in a while to take a look at her, but I’ll go.” He stopped her swing, and hugged her tightly.
“Thanks.”
“Why are you thanking me? You’re the one paying for my plane ticket and the place that I’m going to live in…and—“
“Food?” He asked with a little laugh.
“Be Quiet!” She shouted as she broke the hug. “The only reason why I need you to pay for everything is because…” She stopped, “Because I’m too poor…” She said hesitantly. Her eyes became teary, she had wanted to become equal with Kim Bum, but she knew, if she left Seoul with him, she would have no money at all to pay for the expenses.
“It’s okay, I have too much money to spare anyways, and it wouldn’t hurt to feed another.” He joked, “I was planning to feed you and care for you for the rest of my life anyways.” So Eun hugged him, and he kissed her on the forehead.
“I love you.” He said as he hugged her more tightly.
“I love you too.” She answered, and gently placed her lips on his.
Hainexazien
Hainexazien

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Re: Mistaken Happiness

Post by Guest 7/21/2009, 1:52 pm

This story is so nice, I read it all in one go. I really like how you portrayed So Eun and Kim Bum, it was so lifelike ^^ Thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Happiness Empty Re: Mistaken Happiness

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down